On our trip to Boracay in December 2012, I actually booked return flights via Airphil Express. However, a few weeks later I realized that the trip back to Manila was too early (meaning we have to leave the island before sunrise and catch a van to Kalibo).
So I waited for another round of seat sales and fortunately, was able to book, this time with Cebu Pac, another pair of tix KLO-MNL for only Php 600/pax, going a day later and in the afternoon.
Meaning, nasulit namin last day sa Boracay and even had very ample time to stroll after hotel check out. There was no rush din to get to Kalibo Airport. Kaya ayos Cebu Pac, Salamat! 🙂
Cebu Air, Inc., operating as Cebu Pacific Air, is an airline based on the grounds of Ninoy Aquino International Airport (Manila Terminal 3), Pasay City, Metro Manila, the Philippines. It offers scheduled flights to both domestic and international destinations. Its main base is Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Manila, with other hubs at Mactan-Cebu International Airport, Clark International Airport, Francisco Bangoy International Airport and Iloilo International Airport. Source: Wikipedia
- Online ticket sales from own webpage only
- Extra fee for check-in luggage
- No free meals or drinks onboard
- Very low headline prices but extra mandatory charges including “fuel surcharge” and “online handling fee”
- Payment pr. sector – no discount for return tickets or connecting flight
- Prices start very cheap but goes up, the less seats are still available on the flight
- Flights to international destinations are often late evening or night flights to optimize usage of planes and lower landing fees
The above proved to be right but for me, tipid pa rin basta promo fare. And for a 4-day trip, ok lang na hand carry luggage (which we did) and for a 45 minute flight carry na ring walang snacks. Kain ka na lang before boarding, or magdala ng baon sa plane or bawi ka na lang paglapag sa destination mo hehe.
Our flight KLO-MNL was short and smooth, with prompt departure and arrival, no hassles.
Thanks CebuPac, till the next Seat Sale! 🙂